Petitionary prayer, seemingly unanswered prayer, contemplative prayer, blah blah blah.
Why does no one ever talk about extinct prayer? I'd like to propose a list. Blog readers are welcome to add entries:
A Partial List of Extinct Prayers (Personal)
1. God, are you real?
2. Jesus, are you real?
3. Please help me through childbirth.
4. Please let the baby sleep through the night.
5. May I always live in this apartment and never have to move.
A Partial List of Extinct Prayers (Global)
1. Please keep our ship from sailing over the edge of the world.
2. May the Huns be smitten with pestilence before they reach our village.
3. Please bless this attempt to transmute lead into gold.
4. May our glorious Armada prosper and prevail.