Thursday, January 7, 2010

THEOPHANY!

**

“How can the Sun be cleansed,” the preacher cried aloud,
“since it is by nature bright?
How can I wash You in the waters,
You, the Radiance of the glory,
the express Image of the eternal Father?
And how can I who am but grass touch the fire of Your divinity?
For You are Christ, the Wisdom and the Power of God.”

When Moses came upon You he displayed the God-inspired reverence
that he felt;
realizing that it was You Who spoke from the Bush
he immediately turned away his gaze.
How then can I look openly upon You?
How can I lay my hand on You?
For You are Christ, the Wisdom and the Power of God.

Endowed with a rational soul
and honored with the power of reason,
I yet respect the things which have no soul.
For if I baptize You, they will be my accusers:
the mountain that smoked with fire,
the sea that fled on either side,
and this very Jordan that turned back.
For You are Christ, the Wisdom and the Power of God.

**

No comments: