Monday, January 11, 2010

“I am in great distress. Let us fall into the hand of the LORD, for his mercy is great; but let us not fall into the hand of man.”

**

"It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb. 10:31)



Where shall we sinners flee from Thee who art in all creation?
In heaven Thou dwellest!
In hell Thou didst trample on death!
In the depth of the sea?
Even there is Thy hand, O Master!
To Thee we flee, and falling before Thee, we pray:
'O Thou who didst rise from the dead, have mercy on us!'"

from Visions of Jesus by Phillip H. Wiebe--excerpt from Maureen Hason's story:

"Maureen said that ...from God there was no escape. Her words were: "There was no reasoning, and He was everywhere. And I remember when He gave me the instruction, I turned, and He was there. And I kept turning, and He was everywhere. It was like He was air. He just enveloped the whole room. It wasn't a human figure, and the thought came to me, 'I can't escape God.'"

"The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide." Rev. 20:11

The hands of God are nail-pierced...and we are never NOT falling into them...

**

No comments: