Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Another Rules Here"

The following is from www.davidteems.com--
his treasure of a devotional To Love Is Christ
**

But when perfection comes, the things that are not perfect will end. 1 Corinthians 13:10 NCV
LOVE SHAPES AND RESHAPES US, fashions us in its own likeness, processes us through its own seasons and schedules, takes from us what is incompatible to itself, and makes its habitation within us a hallowed place. And though this pilgrimage may begin at birth (for I do not know), it does not end at death, for death is just a mark, another entry in love's great diary.
So lead me, Lord, by the way that I would not take. Take me by that hand I had refused to give you. Be the path that I denied to walk. Command my heart, this mismanaged, idling heart, that I may say, "Another rules here!" I am in process. So come, you blessed seasons, weather yourself upon me, blast me in your furnaces, blow me about in your winds, warm me beneath your suns, chill me to the bones with your lean winters, till Christ be satisfied in me.

In Christ, the reign that softens the clay, Amen

May you be ever pliable, fixable, teachable, moldable, pliant, stretchable.



© 2009 David Teems. All rights reserved.

**

No comments: