Thursday, March 4, 2010

Quitting

**

I've just learned that the more times you attempt to quit smoking, the more likely it is that you will eventually kick the habit wholly and completely.

The average person tries quitting 18 times before it finally "sticks."

I'm not a smoker, but I struggle with all kinds of other things--I find this a really encouraging way to look at the process: Instead of saying "I failed again, so I may as well give up," one could say, "Trying again means I'm that much closer to victory."

**

3 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

What a great insight!!! As usual on this blog.

Anonymous God-blogger said...

Thank you, Anastasia! How's the book coming? (Nudge, nudge...)

Jennifer Criswell said...

Wow! That's encouraging! Not that I'm a smoker either, but I have tons of other habits that I have nearly given up giving up!