Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Entering the Presence"

"How often we struggle to understand God without entering His presence! This never works with God, and it never works with people.

What happens when we enter the Lord's presence? Ps. 73:16-17 puts it this way:

When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me
till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood.


When bringing some problem or question to the Lord, I find He seldom answers me directly. Instead He just wants to be with me, to enjoy my company, and He hopes I too will enjoy Him. In this mutual enjoyment, my problems and questions begin to dissolve. They do not disappear, exactly, but their hold on my mind loosens. Problems change shape, and questions turn into mysteries."

from Practicing the Presence of People by Mike Mason

1 comment:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Oh, thank you! I had been trying to remember which Psalm this passage came from.